Our needs as road, track and trail users are rarely considered by those who draft legislation, change regulations or implement road safety campaigns. If we don’t work at maintaining and improving legislation, regulations and campaigns, you will find that united we drive, divided we walk.
Recreational 4Wheel Driving Benefits Tourist Destinations and Local Communities.
The benefits of 4Wheel touring are massive in terms of both financial and environmental rewards. For example:
• Regional tourism and businesses benefit significantly from recreational 4WD Touring.
• The environmental impacts on our precious State roads, forest and National Parks would be significantly reduced with designated and dedicated one-way tracks designed for vehicles of all abilities, thus offering drivers and rider’s legal alternative unsuitable trails.
• It is clear that enforcement has, and will continue to fail, so it is incumbent upon the Lagos state government to act in a positive and pro-active manner in this regard.
• 4wheelers believes education, consultation and co-operation are the keys to a sustainable and economically beneficial recreational use of lands to support the growing tourism market.
• The Victorian approach of encouraging responsible and economically sustainable use of state lands by 4WDers is an example to all states that has demonstrated economic benefits to local communities and the improved viability of access and maintenance of management and fire trails across the state.
• Objectives of the Association
• To promote goodwill and fellowship between member clubs.
• To ensure the correct representation of recreational use of Four Wheel Drive Vehicles.
• To promote conservation of the natural environment.
• To promote road safety.
• To co-operate wherever possible with other organisations having similar interests to the Association.
• To represent and safeguard the interests of members of the club.
• To liaise on clubs’ behalf with controlling authorities when required.
• To act as a unifying body, information repository and clearing house for and on behalf of member clubs.
• To assist with community services where necessary.
• To assist any member club in any matter considered appropriate by the Association.
• To do all such things that is lawful and conducive to the objects of the Association.
What do we do for you?
We lobby locally, nationally and internationally for 4WDers’ rights. We promote 4WDing and the interests of 4WDers.
Association membership provides the following benefits to member clubs and their members:
• Value for money specialized Insurance at club an individual levels
• Representation at local, state, national and international levels
• Member Training to nationally accredited standards
• Membership Rewards through the national discount card
• Website and Forum for information, updates and discussion
A long term tradition at the 4-wheel jamboree national has been:
1. mud bogs- the challenge includes getting into the deep, sticky pit and power out of it (hopefully) in a short a time as possible or at least travel further through the pit than the competition. For the 2016 4-wheelers jamboree, mud b logs will be constructed. ‘’ hill in the hole’’ style; the bog has a hill to negotiate in the middle.
2. Also at the 2016 4wheelers jamboree Nigeria, we will feature mud drag racing, tough truck challenges and the fun run for trophies challenge.
Winner categories include:
Information on the conditions of entry.
The competition is open to Nigeria residents only. Please note that prize is not transferable or exchangeable for cash. The competition commences………………………….. And closes………………..
We are happy that we bringing this to 4x4 enthusiast and we intend to continue doing this every year.
4wheeling is not just fashion; it is a way of life.
Need more information about the 4x4-jamboree?